Become a member!
We encourage you to join MACLAS, a community of scholars and others from New York to Virginia that are interested in Latin America. Membership is open to all. We welcome participation from senior scholars; assistant, associate, and full professors; both undergraduate and graduate students; and librarians, researchers, and others. We publish a peer-review online journal, the Middle Atlantic Review of Latin American Studies (MARLAS), and award book, article and paper prizes to our members.
Benefits of membership.
Joining MACLAS means joining a relatively small, regional, cross-disciplinary, and eminently collegial network of engaged researchers in your own backyard. It means becoming part of a larger community of scholars connected by their shared interest in things Latin American. It also means:
- Publication possibilities in the peer-reviewed Middle Atlantic Review of Latin American Studies
- Awards for the publication of articles and books
- Professional leadership opportunities on the elected Executive Committee
- Sponsorship of outstanding graduate and undergraduate student researchers
- Research funding
How to become a MACLAS member? Two ways.
1. Join when you register for our annual conference. To be on the conference program, you must be a member. The registration form includes information about annual dues and allows you to pay for both membership and conference attendance at one time. Click here to register for MACLAS 2018 at Muhlenberg College and become a MACLAS member (or renew your membership).
2. Join at any other time. For current information about dues and how to become a member, contact MACLAS Treasurer Brian Turner by email, at firstname.lastname@example.org, or by regular mail:
Prof. Brian Turner
Department of Political Science
P.O. Box 5005
Ashland, VA 23005-5505
Annual membership dues range from $10 to $35 depending on status & income—an eminently affordable way to remain professionally connected to your field and your colleagues in Latin American Studies!