Middle Atlantic Latin American Studies (MACLAS)
Call for Papers
Immigration, Violence in Latin American Studies in the XXI Century
We invite submission of abstracts in English or Spanish from any Latin American discipline. Abstracts should be no more than 200 words. Possible but not restricted topics are:
- Confrontation and literature in Latin America
- The role of the writer in present Latin America
- Politics and identity in the era of globalization
- Gender and poverty in Latin America
- Border discourses “la frontera”.
- Chicano and Cuban literatures in United States
- Economy and sector groups
- Immigration and violence within the United States
- Poverty and power struggle in a new millennium
- Women’s literature and their representation of violence.
The deadline for submitting abstracts has been extended to February 15, 2002. Send them by e-mail to: Dr. Gladys Ilarregui (firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.) Further information could be solicited from: Dr. Judy McInnis, MACLAS President, firstname.lastname@example.org